Gayton is a village located just over seven miles east of Kings Lynn, and lies on the B1145 road. The estimated population in 2008 was 1455, of whom 220 were children and 385 were of pensionable age. The 2001 census showed 595 households, although the number has increased since then.
Unlike many Norfolk villages, Gayton is a working village with many facilities and amenities. These include a church, a primary school, a pub, a butcher/delicatesse, a petrol station/car repair garage, a convenience store and post office, a fish and chip shop, and a hair salon. Social facilities include a Womens’ Institute, Girl Guides and a a thriving social club. There is a childrens’ playground which had its equipment extensively upgraded in 2012, and again in 2015 with the addition of a new skateboard park.
More extensive information regarding Gayton an Gayton Thorpe can be found in the 2006 Parish plan, which can be downloaded as an Acrobat PDF file. Please note that this plan was produced a number of years ago and does not reflect the current position regarding planning for the villages. However much of the background information about the villages is still interesting and relevant.
The Parish Council meets monthly, and the latest agenda can be downloaded from the link on the right of this page.
Follow Our News
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.